Women's Football News, Print, Web and TV Media
Latest News Women's Football TV News Archive Search Get the Mag

Share page on Social Media:   f  Share     t     G+   find us on Twitter: @wssmagnews
Women's Football News

Women's Soccer Scene
Cardiff Met closing in on title
 Women's Football News 21 Apr 2014
Cardiff Met Ladies require five points from their final four games in order to regain the Shared Access Welsh Premier Women's League title after winning 3-0 away to Llandudno Junction. 
The students took the lead just after the half hour through Emily Brown and Sophie Sherschel added a second goal before half time. Chloe O'Connor rounded off the scoring with the final goal, early in the second half.
Cardiff Met were further boosted with the news that their two nearest rivals, PILCS and Cardiff City FC, battled out a 4-4 draw which did neither side any favours. A Bethan White own goal gave City an early lead and they increased their lead by the break through further goals from Shanelle Edwards and Sadie Harry. The game was turned on its head during the second half when PILCS netted four times in fifteen minutes to put themselves in front, Harry this time scoring an own goal before Lyndsey Davies, Shauna Pentney and Hope Suominen all scored in quick succession. City were not finished though and Siobhan Walsh earned them a share of the spoils with a late, late equaliser.
Port Talbot Town are in the top five after running out 7-1 winners over Aberystwyth Town. Gemma Evans opened the scoring in the eleventh minute with Ffiona Evans equalising shortly afterwards, but Courteney Thomas ensured that the home side led going into the break. Three goals in six minutes after the restart from Sian Scannell, Rachael Ball and Thomas put matters firmly in Port Talbot's control and they went on to seal the win with Evans completing her double and Jessica Curran netting the final goal late on.
Wrexham moved back above Newcastle Emlyn after beating them 3-0. Amber Bailey gave Wrexham the lead with the only goal of the first half and they went on to wrap up the points through second half strikes from Ash Hayes and Emma Roden.
Caernarfon Town gave their survival hopes a huge shot in the arm as they defeated Llanidloes 3-0. It was not until twenty minutes from time that the deadlock was broken through Shan Jones and Caernarfon went on to add further goals in the last ten minutes from Amy Roberts and Ffion Roberts.

 back to TOP


Women's Soccer Scene Media ©
on mobile   wssNews.co.uk 



Womens Football TV
Latest wssTV  


Womens Football Magazine
Womens Football Magazine

Womens Soccer Secene Media

Safe For Kids

Discount Football Kits

Women's Football Advertising

Womens Football News send your story photos and video

Women's Football Advertising

News Archive
News 2018-2019
News 2017-2018
News 2016-2017
News 2015-2016
News 2014-2015
News 2013-2014
News 2012-2013
News 2011-2012
Women's World Cup 2011
News 2010-2011
News 2009-2010
News 2008-2009
News 2007-2008
Women's World Cup 2007
News 2006-2007
News 2005-2006
News Euro 2005
News 2004-2005
News 2003-2004

Women's Sport Search
Women's Sport Search

Women's Football Advertising

Women's Football History


FA Womens Football Awards

BBC Sport Women's Football

Women's Football Advertising

Football Foundation


Total page reads:

© designed, created, hosted and managed by  WWW Support Services   (click for info)