Share page on Social Media: f Share t G+ find us on Twitter: @wssmagnews
Women's Football News
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is seeking to appoint a National Women's Team's Manager.
The FAW is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, including the Welsh Premier League and all International squads.
The National Women's Teams Manager is accountable to the FAW Council through the Head of International and the International Committee and has management responsibility for the players and coaches of the Women's 'A' team, Under-19 team and Under-17 team.
The post holder will play a lead role in enhancing the domestic and international profile of Welsh football and help build a legacy for sustained international team success by supporting coaching and player development programmes.
The position is full time and to ensure regular availability the post holder should be resident in the United Kingdom. Extensive national and international travel is required. The post holder must be willing to work unsociable hours.
* Plan, organise and deliver to elite international standard the training and competition programme of all the Women's international teams;
* Work collaboratively with the Technical Director to establish technical programmes that achieve sustained international team success;
* Achieve FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro Championship finals qualification.
* prepare the Women's 'A', Under-19 and Under-17 teams for competitive and friendly international matches;
* set and agree with the International Committee key objectives and targets that help measure job performance and contribute to achieving the FAW's Strategic Plan;
* Maintain current structures to monitor performances of national team players;
* work collaboratively with the Technical Director to develop a player pathway and technical programmes that support the identification and development of future international talent;
* liaise with the Technical Director on support for coaching courses and workshops organised by the Welsh Football Trust;
* project a professional image of Welsh football through media and press opportunities in relation to the national team and in support of Welsh football's ongoing activities and events;
* represent Wales at FIFA and UEFA symposia and meetings as required;
* support the promotion of FAW competitions including attendance to Welsh Women's Cup and Welsh Premier Women's League matches;
* provide a framework to develop the current UEFA Pro Women's Top Football project at both international and domestic level;
* support local and national promotional activities including school and club visits throughout Wales and meetings of supporters groups as required;
* complete other duties appropriate to the role as directed by the International Committee and CEO.
Skills and Competencies:
* UEFA Professional Coaching Licence, or studying for the Licence;
* Playing and management experience at the highest level in professional football;
* A proven track record of club and /or international management success;
* Experience of training and mentoring elite coaches is desirable
* The ability to work outside of normal working hours.
* Knowledge and understanding of domestic football in Wales (advantageous).
* The ability to speak Welsh (advantageous).
* The position is full time and based at the FAW Offices in Cardiff. The post holder will be required at times to perform their duties or additional work or attend training outside of normal office hours and/or in different locations, either domestically or internationally, at the discretion of the Head of International Affairs.
The FAW integrates equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will be made on merit.
* Deadline for applications is Monday 16th June 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
* Applications must be supported by a letter detailing why the applicant believes they are a suitable candidate for the post and be accompanied with a current Curriculum Vitae.
* Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking the subject of the email: 'National Women's Teams Manager.'
* All interviews will be held at the FAW Offices, Cardiff.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and two professional/personal references, to the satisfaction of the FAW.
Women's Soccer Scene Media ©
on mobile wssNews.co.uk
Women's Sport Search
|Total page reads:|