Women's Football News, Print, Web and TV Media
Latest News Women's Football TV News Archive Search Get the Mag

Share page on Social Media:   f  Share     t     G+   find us on Twitter: @wssmagnews
Women's Football News

Women's Soccer Scene
Free scoring Met keep up powerful start
 Women's Football News 4 Oct 2015
Cardiff Met Ladies have edged two points clear at the top of the Welsh Premier League after recording their fourth straight large victory. 
Erin Murray opened the scoring during the first half as the reigning Champions won 8-0 against MBI Llandudno. Robyn Pinder added two and Stacey Ayling also got on the scoresheet before half time. After the break, Murray completed her brace and Ellie Sargent rounded off the scoring by bagging a hat-trick within the last ten minutes.
Swansea City had also been looking to make it four wins out of four and looked to be well on their way when Sarah Adams and a Jodie Passmore penalty put them two ahead inside the opening thirteen minutes against Cwmbran Celtic. However Lauren Boyd pulled a goal back on the half hour and Georgia Groves equalised just after half time, earning Cwmbran a highly creditable 2-2 draw.
Cardiff City FC join Swansea on ten points after beating local rivals Cyncoed Ladies 2-1. Lisa Bird scored twice in a six minute spell early in the second half and although Fern Burrage reduced the arrears for Cyncoed with ten minutes remaining, City held on for their third win in a row despite the spirited efforts of the newly promoted side.
PILCS maintained their charge up the table and are now in fourth place after running out 6-1 winners away to Wrexham. Lyndsey Davies put them ahead with a minute on the clock and Jazz Costa added a brace before the interval, before Alana Murphy hit a second half hat-trick. Lyndsey Rodger netted a late consolation goal for the home side.
Port Talbot Town are also on six points following their 5-1 victory over Rhyl & Prestatyn. Vicky Stratton struck twice before half time and went on to complete her hat-trick in the second half and Jessica Curran joined her on the scoresheet. Lucy Davies pulled a goal back for the North Wales side but Port Talbot were to have the final say, with Carys Wilkinson making it five in the dying minutes.
The two teams yet to get off the mark met each other in an important clash and it was Aberystwyth Town who celebrating their first win of the season, beating Newcastle Emlyn 4-0. Aber led at half time through a Gabby Hughes goal and after the break, Annelie Hudson netted twice and Melanie Pois added the final goal in injury time.

 back to TOP


Women's Soccer Scene Media ©
on mobile   wssNews.co.uk 



Womens Football TV
Latest wssTV  


Womens Football Magazine
Womens Football Magazine

Womens Soccer Secene Media

Safe For Kids

Discount Football Kits

Women's Football Advertising

Womens Football News send your story photos and video

Women's Football Advertising

News Archive <
News 2020-2021
News 2019-2020
News 2018-2019
News 2017-2018
News 2016-2017
News 2015-2016
News 2014-2015
News 2013-2014
News 2012-2013
News 2011-2012
Women's World Cup 2011
News 2010-2011
News 2009-2010
News 2008-2009
News 2007-2008
Women's World Cup 2007
News 2006-2007
News 2005-2006
News Euro 2005
News 2004-2005
News 2003-2004

Women's Sport Search
Women's Sport Search

Women's Football Advertising

Women's Football History


FA Womens Football Awards

BBC Sport Women's Football

Women's Football Advertising

Football Foundation


Total page reads:

© designed, created, hosted and managed by  WWW Support Services   (click for info)