Share page on Social Media: f Share t G+ find us on Twitter: @wssmagnews
Women's Football News
In front of an audience in excess of three hundred people, the annual Wokingham Borough Sports Council award evening that celebrates all that is good in local sport be it participant or volunteers, was a tremendous success at the new Bulmershe School 6th form centre, Woodley on 27th November.
Guest speakers were Jason Leonard OBE, President of RFU and Hannah Field who is a member of the England Women's rugby squad and an ex-pupil of local Maiden Erlegh School.
During the speeches the clear message was for competitors to enjoy their sport and with support from family and coaches anything is possible as witnessed by many of the award nominees having performed at national and international level during the past year.
Woodley United Ladies Reserve team was nominated for the Global Knowledge Cup for Female Team award with the award going to Bulmershe Gymnastics club who provided members for Team GB's group aerobic gymnastics team at the inaugural European games that were held in Baku 2015. Team members Chloe and Olivia Farrance are the daughters of ex- Woodley Town FC player Robin Farrance.
However, the club was recognised with it being presented The Wokingham News Cup for Service to Sport in the Community (Club). This is tremendous acknowledgement of what Woodley United FC is doing locally in the short time it has been in existence following the merger of Woodley Hammers, Woodley Town and Woodley United Ladies football clubs.
Reading the citation, Master of Ceremonies Jack Sulman said the club:
* A partner with Uni of Reading in the development of the new Bulmershe Pavilion, Woodlands Avenue, Woodley facility.
* A partner with Woodley Town Council in the development of the planned new 3G pitch to be installed at Woodford Park, Woodley.
* Provides a mini kickers programme that has grown from five children in January 2015 to over forty attending weekly (25% girls) in June 2015 and led to an u7 team playing weekly matches.
* Sponsor and supplier of volunteers to the Woodley Carnival Committee's Woodley inter schools boys and girls football tournaments.
* Provides coaches to deliver football classes in local schools and commits to providing football to all in a safe and enjoyable environment that is in keeping with FA ideals
* Has been awarded the Football Association's Charter Standard Community club status kite mark
The photo shows members of WUFC with Jason Leonard.
Women's Soccer Scene Media ©
on mobile wssNews.co.uk
Women's Sport Search
|Total page reads:|