Women's Football News

Women's Football News, Print, Web and TV Media
Latest News Women's Football TV News Archive Search Get the Mag

Share page on Social Media:   f  Share     t     G+   find us on Twitter: @wssmagnews
Women's Football News

Women's Soccer Scene
Argyle sink Coasters
 Women's Football FA Women's Cup News - 8 Jan 2018
FA Women's Cup News - Argyle sink Coasters - 8 Jan 2018 - Women's Football NewsPlymouth Argyle have taken another higher division scalp and are into the Fourth Round of the SSE Women's FA Cup following another great result from a long journey, this time winning 3-1 away to Fylde Ladies.
All of the goals came in the first half, Natasha Knapman sending Argyle into a fourth minute lead with the Coasters equalising through Laura Merrin shortly afterwards. Ten minutes before half time, Amber Pollock put Plymouth back in front again and Knapman then netted her second to seal a tremendous win for her side.
Burnley Girls & Ladies, the last remaining Regional League club, bowed out of the competition but with heads held high after going down to a narrow 3-2 defeat at the hands of Cardiff City Ladies. Cori Williams gave Cardiff a seventh minute lead and Ella Powell added a second early in the second half, but Burnley fought back strongly with Evie Priestley and Sarah Greenhalgh levelling the scores. With extra time looming, Williams then scored her second goal five minutes from time to send Cardiff into the last 32 with a hard earned win.
Charlton Athletic were pushed all the way to extra time by Ipswich Town before eventually emerging as 5-2 winners. Cassie Craddock put Ipswich in front early in the second half, with Charlotte Gurr and Kit Graham scoring in quick succession to turn matters around before Craddock netted her second to take the game into the extra period. The Southern Division title chasers were to prove just too strong from that point though and Graham was to score her second, with Sam Pittuck and Charlotte Lee adding further goals for the Addicks.
One match did go all the way to a shootout and it was Coventry Utd who emerged as 3-2 winners over Crystal Palace after the sides had shared a 1-1 draw after extra time. In a match as tightly contested as anticipated, Helen Dermody gave Coventry the lead from the penalty spot and Karisha Iton equalised for Palace. The teams could not be separated after 120 minutes of football and Coventry goalkeeper Sue Wood was her team's heroine as she saved two penalties to help her team squeeze through.
Middlesbrough were another team taken to extra time by a team from a lower division, winning 4-3 against Liverpool Marshalls Feds. Emily Scarr netted the winning goal with seconds remaining on the clock - her second on the day - to add to other normal time strikes from Bianca Owens and Jess Havelock. Laura Bartup replied twice for the Feds, with Sasha Rowe also on target.
Lewes made the long trip north to play Huddersfield Town and returned with a 2-1 victory under their belts. After a goalless first half, Rebecca Carter opened the scoring for Lewes just before the hour mark, with Brittany Sanderson equalising two minutes later. Katie McIntyre then settled matters in the Rookettes' favour, ten minutes from time.
TNS Ladies were another team celebrating after a long journey brought them success, a 2-1 win away to Newcastle Utd. Kim Bebbington and Emily Ridge scored their goals, with the home side's consolation coming from Steph Ord.
Blackburn Rovers marched into the Fourth Round by scoring seven times without reply past Portsmouth. Blackburn produced one of their best performance of the season to date, Natasha Flint spearheading the win with a four-goal haul and she was joined on the scoresheet by Lagan Makin (2) and Kaylea Cunliffe.
Keynsham Town ran out 8-1 winners over Brislington in their derby cup tie, meaning they reach the Fourth Round stage for the second season in a row. Kerry Bartlett led the scoring for Keynsham with a four-goal haul along with Justine Lorton, Keka, Katie Cook and an own goal, while Brislington's consolation came from Jodie Arkell.
Leicester City Women meanwhile staged a second half comeback to win 2-1 against Bradford City. Ellie White gave Bradford a ninth minute lead from the penalty spot, which they held until half time, but in a dramatic last ten minutes, Leicester equalised with a penalty of their own from Rosie Axten and Leigh Dugmore fired home the winning goal in injury time.
More late goals came at Chichester City where the home side won 2-0 against a plucky Luton Town side. Both strikes came in the last ten minutes, Alex Collighan giving Chi the lead and Cherelle Khassal wrapping up the win with the second goal (see match report).
The other scheduled tie between Derby County and Brighouse Town fell victim to the weather and the tie will be played next Sunday.
Photo - Kerry Bartlett scores with a header for Keynsham Town against Brislington.

 back to TOP


Women's Soccer Scene Media ©
on mobile   wssNews.co.uk 



Womens Football TV
Latest wssTV  


Womens Football Magazine
Womens Football Magazine

Womens Soccer Secene Media

Safe For Kids

Discount Football Kits

Women's Football Advertising

Womens Football News send your story photos and video

Women's Football Advertising

News Archive
News 2018-2019
News 2017-2018
News 2016-2017
News 2015-2016
News 2014-2015
News 2013-2014
News 2012-2013
News 2011-2012
Women's World Cup 2011
News 2010-2011
News 2009-2010
News 2008-2009
News 2007-2008
Women's World Cup 2007
News 2006-2007
News 2005-2006
News Euro 2005
News 2004-2005
News 2003-2004

Women's Sport Search
Women's Sport Search

Women's Football Advertising

Women's Football History


FA Womens Football Awards

BBC Sport Women's Football

Women's Football Advertising

Football Foundation


Total page reads:

© designed, created, hosted and managed by  WWW Support Services   (click for info)