Women's Football News

Women's Football News, Print, Web and TV Media
Latest News Women's Football TV News Archive Search Get the Mag

Share page on Social Media:   f  Share     t     G+   find us on Twitter: @wssmagnews
Women's Football News

Women's Soccer Scene
Yasmine's hat-trick gives Morecambe edge
 Women's Football FA News - 19 Oct 2018
Morecambe claimed the scalp of Sheffield FC and booked their place in the last sixteen of the FAWNL League Plate after beating them 4-3 after extra time.
Yasmine Swarbrick gave Morecambe a first half lead which was cancelled out on the stroke of half time by Jade Butcher. Ellie White put Sheffield ahead seven minutes into the second half, Swarbrick levelling again, and after Megan Tinsley had restored Sheffield's lead four minutes later, Natalie Broad equalised once again to take the match into the extra period. With eight minutes left to play, Swarbrick completed her hat-trick and gave Morecambe victory over their Northern Premier Division opponents.
Ipswich Town meanwhile eliminated C & K Basildon with a 4-2 victory. Toni-Anne Wayne, now playing as a striker, netted two of the goals and she was joined on the scoresheet by Zoe Cossey and Natasha Thomas.
Doncaster Rovers Belles and Barnsley produced an entertaining tie which also went to extra time before Barnsley emerged as 3-2 winners. The Belles looked to be on their way to victory through a brace from Izzy Whittle but Barnsley, who had earlier scored through Amy Woodruff, took the game into the extra period when Sophie Bell equalised in injury time. The game remained in the balance until seven minutes from the end, Mollie Crump grabbing the winning goal for Barnsley.
Gillingham saw off a spirited second half effort from Luton Town, eventually going through with a 5-4 victory. Sharna Giordani, Breon Grant, Alice Bussey, Emma Sherwood and Ellie Manning all scored for the Gills, who led by four goals at one stage, whilst Luton's replies came from a Jess McKay double, Rachel Carter and Aurora Ryan whilst Olivia Abrahams almost forced extra time when she struck the woodwork late on.
Chester-le-Street Town made sure that the long trip to Long Eaton Utd turned out to be a successful one, but went all the way to extra time in their 1-0 victory. A tightly contested tie was settled five minutes into the extra period when Nichole Havery netted the only goal of the game.
West Bromwich Albion meanwhile swept through by beating Nettleham 5-0. Keeley Davies was on target twice for Albion along with Abby Bevan, Nicole Dale and Natalie Murray.
Liverpool Feds booked their place in the last sixteen with a 2-0 win against Crewe Alexandra. Both goals came during the last eighteen minutes, Jennifer Rogers breaking the deadlock for the Feds and Demi Devereaux adding the second goal shortly afterwards.
There were plenty of goals on offer at Steel City Wanderers where visitors Sporting Khalsa progressed with a 6-4 victory. Chloe Handy, Stephanie Kydd, Paige Kavanagh, Laura Quigley, Beth Woolley and Lauren Walker all scored a goal apiece for Khalsa whilst Lucy Ridley hit a hat-trick for the Steels but ended up on the losing side, Libby Hallam adding their other goal.
Bedworth Utd emerged as 2-1 winners from a closely contested tie away to Swindon Town. Kirsty Farnsworth and Shanice Walsh were on target for Bedworth, with the home side replying through Milly Colford.
There was another late winning goal, this time in favour of Chesham Utd as they won 2-1 at Actonians Ladies. Emma Delves put the Clarets in front in the seventeenth minute with Carla Williams equalising at the midpoint of the second half. The game looked to be heading towards extra time until Gemma Fraser netted the winner for Chesham in the third minute of injury time.
One tie did go all the way to penalties, at Maidenhead Utd where the home side knocked out Denham Utd after the sides had battled out a 1-1 draw. Aine McKeever had given Maidenhead the lead, with Rachel Keightley grabbing a late leveller for Denham, and after extra time could not provide a winner it was Maidenhead who won 4-2 from the spot.
The last remaining First Round tie was played on Sunday and it saw Keynsham Town make a smooth progression by beating Southampton Saints 7-1. Kerry Bartlett hit a first half hat-trick, with Alisha Buckingham replying, and Bartlett went on to add a fourth after the break with Justine Lorton, Michelle Munro and Ellie Curson all joining her on the scoresheet. Keynsham will now be at home to Portsmouth and the tie will be played this coming Sunday.

 back to TOP


Women's Soccer Scene Media ©
on mobile   wssNews.co.uk 



Womens Football TV
Latest wssTV  


Womens Football Magazine
Womens Football Magazine

Womens Soccer Secene Media

Safe For Kids

Discount Football Kits

Women's Football Advertising

Womens Football News send your story photos and video

Women's Football Advertising

News Archive <
News 2020-2021
News 2019-2020
News 2018-2019
News 2017-2018
News 2016-2017
News 2015-2016
News 2014-2015
News 2013-2014
News 2012-2013
News 2011-2012
Women's World Cup 2011
News 2010-2011
News 2009-2010
News 2008-2009
News 2007-2008
Women's World Cup 2007
News 2006-2007
News 2005-2006
News Euro 2005
News 2004-2005
News 2003-2004

Women's Sport Search
Women's Sport Search

Women's Football Advertising

Women's Football History


FA Womens Football Awards

BBC Sport Women's Football

Women's Football Advertising

Football Foundation


Total page reads:

© designed, created, hosted and managed by  WWW Support Services   (click for info)