The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Women’s FA Cup

Dulwich Hamlet produced the result of the First Round so far as they claimed a scalp from two levels higher when they defeated Southern Premier Division side London Bees 2-0.

Both goals came in the first half with Summer Roberts and Erin Corrigan scoring the goals. Dulwich’s reward in the Second Round draw is a tough one, as they must travel to Billericay Town. The Essex side were another Southern Premier Division side who faced an awkward away trip, to Real Bedford who are flying high at the top of the Eastern Region League. Ruby Sealey gave Billericay a great start when she scored in the opening minute, the first of a brace before half time and after the break, Amber Gaylor also scored twice and Maddie Biggs added the other goal to round off a 5-0 win.

Ebbsfleet Utd were 3-2 winners away to Chesham Utd. Logan O’Shea, Hannah Porter and Amelia Woodgate all scored a goal apiece for Fleet, whilst the Clarets replied through Gemma Fraser and Kate Bowers. Ebbsfleet will now be at home to Portsmouth who continued their superb goalscoring form on Sunday when they defeated Fulham FC Women 9-1. Beth Lumsden led the scoring for Pompey with a hat-trick, Sophie Quirk and Emma Jones each netted twice and there was a goal apiece from Ava Rowbotham and Ella Humphrey.


Dartford are having an excellent season and completed a wonderful day for the London & South East League when they won 3-1 against Abingdon Utd. Emily Vaughan, Joanne Woodgates and Elizabeth Adams scored the goals for the Darts who will go to Oxford Utd, 4-o winners away to Woodley Utd. Zoe Barratt scored a goal in each half for the U’s and she was joined on the scoresheet by Jenna Legg and Sarah King.

Bristol Rovers are through to the Second Round at the expense of National League opponents Portishead Town 3-1 after beating them 3-1. Abi Todd fired Rovers into a first half lead and after Tamzin Hayward equalised for Portishead on the hour, Todd put Rovers back in front and Laura Curnock sealed the win with the third goal. Rovers will be home again in the next round but must wait and see who their opponents will be, the winners from the postponed tie between Marine Academy Plymouth and Keynsham Town.

Norwich City are having a very good season so far and on Sunday they caused a surprise as they won 1-0 against Hashtag Utd. Ellie Smith scored the only goal of the game for the Canaries in the first half. Norwich have been rewarded with a home tie in the Second Round against Boldmere St Michaels. Ten different players got on the scoresheet for the Mikes as they ran up a tally of thirteen against Wyberton Ladies; Gabriella Maia, Hayleigh Sutton and Philippa Wilson all scored twice and their other markswomen were Abby Bevan, Chloe Bickley, Evie Billingsley, Rhiannon Travers, Alima Abdallah, Ella Bryan and Aimee Taylor.

Durham Cestria took a higher division scalp when they came away from Fylde Women with a 1-0 victory under their belts. Faye Dale scored the goal which took the Wildcats into the Second Round, with just nine minutes on the clock. Durham have Northern Premier Division opponents again in the next round and will once more be on their travels, to Liverpool Feds who faced an awkward trip to Barnsley on Sunday but came through with flying colours and a 3-0 win. The home side got off to the worst possible start when Katie Anderson gave the Feds a seventh minute lead which was doubled by an own goal shortly afterwards, before Ellie Fletcher wrapped matters up with the third goal late on.

Hull City also beat Northern Premier Division opponents when they won 3-1 against Halifax FC Women. Ruby Dawson, Hope Knight and Katie Thompson scored the goals to give Hull a great result, whilst Halifax’ consolation came from Georgia Stevens. Two second half goals from Ella Ritchie gave FC United of Manchester a 2-0 victory away to York City and they will play host to Hull in the next round.

Alnwick Town came through after extra time against Gateshead FC Ladies, winning 2-1 thanks to Katie Ellwood and Chloe Young. The North East League side’s task in the next round will be a formidable one, away to Burnley FC Women who progressed with a hard fought 2-1 success against Huddersfield Town. Laura Elford got the Clarets off to a great start when she gave them the lead with two minutes on the clock, but Town hit back to equalise through Kate Mallin midway through the first half. The game remained in the balance until seven minutes from time, when Amaya Coleman-Evans scored the winner for Burnley.

The North East derby tie went the way of Chester-le-Street Town with a narrow 1-0 success against Norton & Stockton Ancients, courtesy of a goal from Jenny Ashton. The Cestrians have landed a home tie against Spennymoor Town who made a successful journey to Lancashire with a 1-0 victory away to Blackpool, courtesy of an injury time winner from Courtney Mole.

It was a big day for Mancunian Unity as they played host to Newcastle Utd but the day ended in a 9-2 victory for the Magpies. Jasmine McQuade led the scoring for Newcastle with a hat-trick, whilst the others came from Cara Milne-Redhead, Hannah Greenwood, Rebecca Ferguson, Sharna Wilkinson, Anna Soulsby and Katie Barker. Newcastle will be away in the Second Round, to the victors from the tie between Wigan Athletic and Chorley.

Stoke City scored six times without reply past Dunton & Broughton Utd. Ellie Leek netted twice and she was joined on the scoresheet by Heidi Logan, Roisin Kivel, Molly Holder and Danielle Puddefoot. Stoke now entertain Stockport County who needed three goals in the last quarter of the game to break the resistance of York RI. Emily Bradshaw opened the scoring for County with twenty minutes remaining and a double from Jessica Gillin put the seal on a 3-0 win.

Maddison McKenna had a great day for Darwen FC Women, scoring all four goals for her side as they took their good league form into the Cup with a 4-2 success away to Leeds Modernians. The Salmonesses have landed a home tie against Leeds Utd, who defeated West Didsbury & Chorlton 6-2 thanks to a Katie Astle hat-trick, Sarah Danby, Kathryn Smith and an own goal.

Leafield Athletic ran out 4-0 winners away to Beaumont Park thanks to goals from Kathryn Pagan, Seanna McCann-Lloyd, Sade Alaka and Megan Jenkins. Leafield will now be at home to Coundon Court, who reached the Second Round stage for the first time in their history when a Jessica Lundie hat-trick took them to a 3-0 victory over Leamington Lions.

Rugby Borough won 2-0 at Doncaster Rovers Belles. Angelina Nixon gave Rugby the lead during the first half and Sarah Hassanin wrapped up the win with the second goal in injury time. Rugby will be up against Solihull Moors who triumphed 4-1 at Leek Town; Anna Renken and Tiana Russell-Cartwright both bagged braces for the Moors, whilst Leek’s consolation came from Katie Maya.

Olivia Mitcham scored twice, along with Annie Highway, Jessica Fassnidge and Jenn Higgs as Worcester City stormed to a 5-0 success away to Rotherham Utd. Worcester have landed a plum home tie in the next round against Milton Keynes Dons who were 2-1 winners away to Cambridge Utd. Nicola Puddick and Lucy Wood netted the goals for the Dons, whilst Cambridge’s consolation came from Alysha Stojko-Down.

West Bromwich Albion defeated Lye Town 8-2. Phoebe Warner netted twice for Albion along with Delphi Cole, Mariah Mahmood, Ashlee Brown, Abi Loydon, Simran Jhamat and Olivia Rabjohn after Lye had twice taken the lead. Albion’s next opponents will be Needham Market who narrowly got the better of Dussindale & Hellesdon Rovers by the odd goal in seven. Leilah Gooding, Molly Hall, Sheryce Slater and Paige Wakefield were all on target for Needham, with Tallulah Bell (2) and Victoria Leyer replying.

Nottingham Forest powered past Sheffield FC with a seven-goal victory. Louanne Worsey and Niamh Reynolds each scored twice for Forest along with Freya Thomas, Charlotte Greengrass and Alice Keitley. Forest now face Sporting Khalsa, 3-0 winners over Crewe Alexandra. Lowri Walker gave Khalsa the lead five minutes before half time and after Skye Owen made it two on the hour mark, Walker wrapped up the win with her second late on.

Derby County booked their place in the Second Round with a fine 5-1 victory away to Lincoln City. Amy Sims led the scoring for the Ewes with a hat-trick and Yasmin Mosby added the other two goals, with Toni McHamilton replying. Derby have an intriguing home tie against Division One Midlands leaders Loughborough Lightning, who faced an awkward trip themselves to East Midlands League leaders Lincoln Utd and came through with a 2-1 victory, courtesy of goals from Kayleigh Hines and Abbey Hateley.

The only all-Northern Premier Division tie turned out to be an emphatic victory for Wolverhampton Wanderers against Stourbridge. Jade Cross hit a hat-trick for Wolves and Amber Hughes weighed in with a brace, with one apiece from Beth Roberts, Sophie Bramford and Anna Morphet. Next up for Wolves will be another home tie, against Peterborough Utd who were pushed all the way to extra time by Wroxham before emerging as 2-1 winners. The tie was goalless at the end of 90 minutes but Kier Perkins put the Posh Women ahead three minutes into the extra period and Frankie Pim scored the second shortly afterwards, Luci Middleton replying for the home side but it was not quite enough.

Ipswich Town scored six times without reply away to Northampton Town, Lucy O’Brien and Natasha Thomas both bagging doubles along with Bonnie Horwood and Sophie Peskett. The Tractor Girls now host Sutton Coldfield Town, they scored eight times without reply past Chesterfield, spearheaded by a hat-trick from Chloe Handy. Olivia Woolston weighed in with a brace and there was a goal apiece from Brittany Civil, Lois Jefferies and Michelle McCormack.

Haringey Borough were 3-1 victors away to Hertford Town, Ronnell Humes, Amber Leighton and Kylie Manktelow all scoring for Haringey and Libby Felstead replying. This gives Haringey a home tie with Moneyfields, Charley Wilson-Wilton bagged a brace along with Gemma Simmonds, Sophie Phelps, Kau’inohea Taylor and Kim Fuller as the Moneys defeated Ashford Town (Middlesex) 6-3.

Enfield Town returned from Thetford Town with a 4-2 victory, despite Kamile Omelevicitue replying twice for the home side. They will be at home in the Second Round, Gabriella Spillman netted twice and Leyah Maddix added the other as Luton Town won 3-0 away to Harpenden Town to book themselves a trip to Enfield.

Chatham Town came through a tricky trip at Haywards Heath Town with a 4-2 win, thanks to a Breon Grant double and further goals from Flo Jackson and Nicole Pepper. Chatham will host AFC Wimbledon who made it through to the Second Round but only after being taken to penalties by Saltdean Utd, from the level below. Sandra Martins scored for the Dons and Saltdean netted through Charley Boswell as the match finished level at 1-1, before Wimbledon emerged as 8-7 winners from the resulting shootout.

Millwall Lionesses won 3-2 against Denham Utd and have landed an interesting tie against Bromley FC Women, who continued their Cup run by beating AFC Portchester 3-2, courtesy of a Beth Hull brace and Charlotte Lee.

Maidenhead Utd emerged as 4-3 victors after extra time from a thrilling tie against Sutton Utd. Simone O’Brien and Natalie Cowell scored twice during normal time before Imogen Fisher and Macey-Nikiah Walters added further goals in the extra period, whilst Sutton’s replies came from Chloe Francis, Darcy Wells and Jasmine Backhurst. Maidenhead will be away to either Southampton Women or Brentford in the Second Round.

Swindon Town defeated Sherborne Town 6-0. Megan Jarvis and Holly Beck-Esson each scored twice along with Annabelle Colston and an own goal. Swindon must now take on Division One South West leaders AFC Bournemouth who won 5-0 against Bridgwater Utd. Maisy Smith and Helen Bleazard put the Cherries two goals ahead at half time, before they added further strikes after the break through Lucy Cooper, Katie James and Gemma Hillier.

Cheltenham Town produced a fine performance in their 3-0 victory away to Cardiff City Ladies. Natasha Harding gave Cheltenham the lead against her former club with four minutes on the clock and Una Lue went on to crown the win with a goal in each half. Next up for Cheltenham will be a very interesting tie at home to Exeter City, who ran out 8-0 winners away to Helston Athletic, Beth Ireland was on target twice along with Phoebe Baker, Ishbel Zuumond, Natasha Knapman, Manfy Sharpe, Sarah Stacey and Jenna Markham.

AFC Stoneham made the long journey to Cornwall to take on Sticker Women but it turned out to be a successful one, in particular for Chloe Melton who scored all four goals as Stoneham ran out 4-0 winners to reach the Second Round for the first time, where they will travel once again to the winners of the postponed tie between Plymouth Argyle and Ilminster Town.