The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

To see a larger version of each photo,  position the cursor over the picture!

Aberystwyth halt Swansea run

Aberystwyth Town became the first team to take points of leaders Swansea City this season when they held them to a goalless draw on Sunday.

The result bring the Swans’ eleven match winning start to an end and increased Aber’s chances of being in the top four at the halfway stage of the season.

It also gives a glimmer of hope to the two chasing teams, which they both accepted, with second placed Cardiff Met Women beating Barry Town Utd 7-1. Laura May Walkley, Olivia Thompson and Ellie Preece put the Archers three ahead at the interval, and after Megan Bowen had pulled one back after the break, Thompson netted her second just before the hour. Lauren Hutt0n-Townsend made it five for Met and Elianna Chavez rounded off the scoring with a late double.

Cardiff City Women have also trimmed Swansea’s advantage to four points with a 4-0 victory away to Pontypridd Town. The Bluebirds took a sixteenth minute lead through Ffion Price, which they held at the interval, with Catherine Walsh making it two ten minutes after the break. Danielle Green netted the third shortly afterwards and she completed the scoring in the injury time with her second goal.

At the other end of the table, The New Saints registered a vital 2-0 victory over Port Talbot Town which lifts them off the bottom. Although a first half penalty from Lexie Harrison was saved by Port Talbot goalkeeper Emily Roberts, TNS took the lead shortly afterwards through Caitlin Chapman and Harrison was to atone for her miss from the spot by scoring the second goal, just ahead of half time.

Swansea will be aiming to get back to winning ways this Sunday when they host The New Saints, whilst Cardiff City Women host Cardiff Met Women in an important clash. Aberystwyth will be hoping to make sure of fourth place when they play away to Port Talbot whilst Pontypridd travel to Barry, hoping to capitalise if they fail to do so.

No matches were played in the North Division over the weekend and only one took place in the South Division, albeit an important one with Abergavenny Women playing host to Cardiff Bluebelles.

Top spot was on offer for the winning team on the day and it was the Bluebells who got off to a good start, Erin Flynn putting them ahead eleven minutes before half time. Amy Thrupp brought matters level again midway through the second half and with the game looked poised to be a draw, Lyndsey Davies scored an injury time winner to hand Abergavenny their fourth win in five matches and a lead of two points at the top of the table, replacing Cascade Youth Club.