The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

To see a larger version of each photo,  position the cursor over the picture!

Back to home page

Rangers head league going into break

Rangers will go into the Christmas and New Year break as leaders of Park’s Motor Group SWPL 1 following their 5-2 victory away to Spartans.

They went into the interval with a two-goal lead, courtesy of a Lizzie Arnot header and a superb 25-yard strike from Samantha Kerr, and the same two players struck again in the opening six minutes of the second half. Brogan Hay then made it five, before a late Spartans rally saw them reduce the arrears through a Tessel Middag own goal and Rebecca Galbraith penalty.

Glasgow City stay two points off the pace as they won 2-0 at Partick Thistle. Jenna Clark headed City in front just before the half hour and after an outstanding display from Thistle goalkeeper Lauren McGregor kept her side in the game, Aoife Colvill finally broke her resistance with the second goal, five minutes from time.

Celtic went into their game with Motherwell on the back of having won the League Cup seven days earlier and the visitors were unfortunate to be on the receiving end of their celebrations. Shen Mengyu put the Hoops in front after sixteen minutes, with Olivia Chance and a Chloe Craig penalty extending their lead before half time. Charlie Wellings made it four and after Jacynta Galabadaarachchi and Clarissa Larisey put them even further ahead, Wellings netted her second to put the seal on a 7-0 victory.

Aberdeen put an end to their winless run with a 2-1 success away to Hamilton Academical, which catapults them back up the table into fifth place. Bayley Hutchison gave Aberdeen a sixteenth minute lead and the hot young prospect netted her second early in the second half. Josephine Giard gave the Accies hope when she pulled one back late on but they could not prevent Aberdeen from securing three valuable points.

On Wednesday night, Hibernian were 3-1 winners over Hearts in their derby match at Tynecastle Park. Rachael Boyle and Siobhan Hunter put Hibs two ahead during the first half and after Erin Rennie pulled one back for Hearts, Eilidh Adams sealed the points by scoring the third goal late on.

Dundee Utd have put themselves into a strong position at the top of SWPL 2 with a 4-0 victory over third placed Kilmarnock. All four goals came in a twenty minute spell either side of half time, Neve Guthririe and Cassie Cowper putting them two ahead at the break, with a Danni McGinley penalty and Molly Reeve own goal rounding off the scoring.

United therefore have a lead of three points, with a game in hand, from second placed Glasgow Women who remain unbeaten but were held to a 1-1 draw by St Johnstone. Glasgow opened the scoring through Sophie McGoldrick in the sixth minute but they were pegged back to a fourth draw in ten matches when Nicola Jamieson equalised for St Johnstone, midway through the second half.

The points were also shared in the other game, Boroughuir Thistle finishing level at 1-1 with improving Queen’s Park. Courtney McAvoy gave Boroughmuir the lead shortly before half time, with the Spiders levelling the scores through Abbi McDonald, six minutes into the second half.

There will be a round of SWPL 2 fixtures taking place this coming Sunday, including the top of the table  clash between Dundee Utd and Glasgow Women.