The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

We interview Wrexham midfielder TJ Dickens ++ Plymouth hoping for Home comforts ++ Bridgwater set to face Manchester United ++ AEK Boco go dry for January! ++ Scotland name Under-17 squad ++ Parc y Scarlets to host key Wales match ++ Abbi Grant rejoins Glasgow City ++ Comeback Royals are record breakers ++

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Wrexham edge top table clash

The last match in Phase 1 of the Genero Adran Premier season was played on Sunday, the delaying meeting between Cardiff Met Women and Cardiff City Women, which did not disappoint.

Met took a fifteenth minute lead via an Emily Allen penalty, then a quickfire double from Elianna Chavez left them three ahead going into the interval. Just before the hour mark, Ffion Price gave City hope as she pulled a goal back and after Phoebie Poole further reduced the arrears, Zoe Atkins completed the fightback with the equaliser. Met were not finished though and just two minutes later, captain Stephanie Turner put them in front again and this time they held on for a thrilling 4-3 victory, which cements them in second place.

The top of the table clash in the North Division went the way of Wrexham, who won 3-2 against Connah’s Quay Nomads. Amber Bailey gave the Nomads a first half lead which was cancelled out by Rosie Hughes and new signing Sophie Hodson put Wrexham in front by half time. Amber Lightfoot netted a third on the hour and although Francesca Scott pulled one back five minutes later, Wrexham held on for a seventh straight  win to take them top. Two of the other main contenders met each other with Llandudno winning 3-2 at Bethel Ladies to go up to second. Stacey Tradewell scored twice for Llandudno and Jasmin Dutton added the other from the penalty spot, with Shannon Jones bagging a double in reply. Second half goals from Magi Hughes and Katie Bowe saw CPDG Pwllheli to a 2-0 victory over Denbigh Town, whilst Llanfair Utd defeated Airbus UK Broughton 3-0 thanks to a Gemma Jones double and Tonicha Lloyd.

Abergavenny Women returned to league action in the South Division by scoring nine times without reply past Talycopa LAFC. Maxine Mudge spearheaded the victory for Aber with a four-goal haul whilst Lauren Boyd netted twice, with one apiece from Ceri Hudson, Lyndsey Davies and Eliza Atkins. With Briton Ferry Llansawel not having a game, Abergavenny now head the table by five points from Cascade YC, who are up to second following a 5-2 success at Caldicot Town. Holly Hughes netted twice for Cascade along with Bethan Lloyd, Annaliese Lewis and Chrystalla Moreton, whilst Ashleigh Harris and Rianne Jones replied for the home side. Katie Horsburgh bagged a hat-trick, with Lucy Morris and Emily Freeman adding the others, for Swansea University as they also won 5-2 against Merthyr Town, whose markswomen were Sophie Whittle and Jenna Jones.