The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

Proud day for Bridgwater College ++ Chelsea and Manchester City reach Continental Cup Final ++ Loren Dykes names Wales Under-17 squad ++ Northern Ireland U17 to play Everton ++ Saints go marching on in FA Cup ++ FA makes landmark agreement ++ Vitality Women's FA Cup draw ++ 

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Met put out Swansea on penalties

The quarter finals of the Genero Adran Trophy took centre stage on Sunday and the tie of the round saw the top two in the Premier Division meet each other.

Swansea City were the winners of the League Cup in the Welsh Premier Women’s League last season but found themselves with a tough tie away to Cardiff Met Women and the game was as close as anticipated. Emily Allen gave Met the lead from the penalty spot shortly before half time and a minute later, Swansea were back on level terms thanks to Chloe Chivers. The second half could not produce a winner, therefore taking the match to penalties, where Met goalkeeper Annabel Sweeney saved two kicks, leaving captain Stephanie Turner to slot home the winning penalty and book her side’s place in the last four, sending the holders out in the process.

One of the other ties also went all the way to penalties, at Abgergavenny Town after the home side had battled out a goalless draw with Aberystwyth Town. Abergavenny were the last remaining team from outside the top flight but it was to end in disappointment for them, Aberystwyth goalkeeper Ffion Ashman making two saves as her team triumphed 4-2 from the spot, Caroline Cooper securing the win by scoring the last penalty.

Cardiff City Women are the other team who are through to the semi finals after they defeated Barry Town Utd 4-1. City, last season’s beaten League Cup finalists, took the lead through Megan Saunders midway through the first half and Siobhan Walsh ensured they were two ahead at the break. Catherine Walsh and Zoe Atkins wrapped up the win as they scored further goals in the second half, before Anna Houghton netted a consolation for Barry.

The other quarter final between The New Saints and Port Talbot Town was postponed and will be played this coming Sunday.

The draw for the semi finals has handed Aberystwyth Town a home tie with Cardiff City Women, whilst Cardiff Met Women will be away to the winners of the TNS-Port Talbot tie.

In the North Division, CPDG Pwllheli moved to within a single point of Bethel Ladies after beating them 1-0. Lois Thomas scored the only goal of the game for Pwllheli, nineteen minutes from time.

One match was also played in the South Division, Briton Ferry Llansawel winning 2-0 against Cardiff Bluebelles to move into second place and narrow the gap on leaders Abergavenny Women to three points. After a goalless first half, Alice Broadley gave Ferry the lead four minutes after the restart and Mollie Jones sealed the victory when she scored the second goal, midway through the second half.