The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

An interview with Burnley FC Women midfielder Nicola Worthington ++ Funding support for NI women's football ++ England to play double header in June ++ Let Girls Play initiative hailed big success ++ Ascot United Reserves land league title ++ Manchester City win Continental Tyres Cup ++ 

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Met and City reach Trophy Final

The two semi finals in the Genero Adran Trophy both went with league positions as the two visiting teams returned to the capital with victories under their belts.

Last season’s runners-up Cardiff City Women have reached the Final once again after a second half goal blitz took them to a 5-0 victory away to Aberystwyth Town. The first half ended goalless but the deadlock was broken by Catherine Walsh and City took command from that point. Phoebie Poole continued her good form by hitting an eight minute hat-trick and Catherine Walsh got on the scoresheet once again during that time.

City’s opponents in the Final will be Cardiff Met Women whose semi final at The New Saints also yielded five goals, but the scoreline in this one was much closer as Met won 3-2. TNS got off to a great start with Lexie Harrison giving them an early lead but the Archers hit back strongly and were in front at the break thanks to Emily Allen and Tija Richardson. Allen then completed her double midway through the second half and although Georgia Griffiths pulled one back for the home side straight away, Met saw the game out to book their place in the Final once again.  

Wrexham returned to action in the North Division and survived an early scare to beat Llanfair Utd 5-2 and open up a lead of five points over Llandudno, who did not play. The prolific Rosie Hughes once again scored a hat-trick for the Robins and she was joined on the scoresheet by Rebecca Pritchard and Amber Lightfoot after Llanfair had taken an early two-goal lead through Tonicha Lloyd and Gemma Jones. A win would have moved Connah’s Quay Nomads into second placed but instead they went down to a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Bethel Ladies. Yasmin Wiliams scored twice and Fflur Williams the other for Bethel, with Tamara Hamer and Shannon Hobbs replying. Katie Bowe and Magi Hughes both netted braces, with Lois Thomas and an own goal completing the scoring as PDG Pwllheli won 6-2 away to Airbus UK Broughton, whose consolations came from Natalie Harrison and Ceri Purvis.

Abergavenny Women remain five points clear in the South Division following their emphatic win against Merthyr Town. Lyndsey Davies led the scoring with a six-goal haul and Lauren Boyd contributed a hat-trick, whilst Maxine Mudge (2), Caitlin Davies (2), Ffion Simmonds and Ellie Bidhendy accounted for the other goals. Abbie Davies netted the only goal as second placed Cascade Youth Club won 1-0 against Swansea University but Briton Ferry Llansawel lost ground as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Caldicot Town. Millie Pearce gave Caldicot a first half lead, with Georgia Howells equalising for Ferry after the break. Ellis Lunn bagged a hat-trick along with Molly Chapman (2), Courtney Butt and Annie Cruse as Cardiff Bluebelles won 7-0 at Talycopa LAFC.