The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

An interview with Burnley FC Women midfielder Nicola Worthington ++ Funding support for NI women's football ++ England to play double header in June ++ Let Girls Play initiative hailed big success ++ Ascot United Reserves land league title ++ Manchester City win Continental Tyres Cup ++ 

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Late goal gets Reds back on track

A late goal helped Liverpool keep their title charge on course and preserve their seven point lead at the top of the FA Women’s Championship. Jaz Matthews scored the only goal of the game, six minutes from time, to give the Reds a 1-0 victory away to Charlton Athletic.  

Only Bristol City now have a realistic chance of making a challenge to Liverpool and they made it five victories in a row when beating Watford 3-1. Chloe Bull gave the Robins a first half half lead and she doubled their advantage with her second, twelve minutes from time. Rosie Kmita gave Watford hope when she pulled one back three minutes later but Abi Harrison sealed a result which keeps up City’s lone pursuit after the Reds in injury time.

There is now a six point gap to third placed London City Lionesses who were beaten 2-1 by fast improving Sheffield Utd. Carly Girasoli did give the Lionesses a first half lead but goals after the break from Courtney Sweetman-Kirk and Lucy Watson earned the Blades a third straight win which takes them to within three points of their opponents, in what is a congested part of the table between third and eighth places.

A win would therefore have lifted Durham Women up to third but they were held to a goalless draw by Coventry Utd, who continue to finish the season with pride. The result, mathematically, puts Coventry on the brink of relegation but, ahead of their Vitality Women’s FA Cup quarter final this week, they are now four games unbeaten in all competitions and kept a second successive clean sheet.

Two teams who still have a chance of a top three finish met each other and it was Lewes who were 2-0 winners over Crystal Palace. After a goalless first half, Lucy Porter gave the Rookettes the lead within four minutes of the restart and Isobel Dalton condemned Palace to a fourth defeat in five games when she  scored the second, just before the hour.

Blackburn Rovers leapfrogged Sunderland in the table and are out of the bottom three after winning their meeting 2-1. Saffron Jordan gave Blackburn the lead midway through the first half and Annabel Blanchard netted the second after 65 minutes to give Rovers a second victory in three matches, despite Holly Manders pulling one back for the Wearsiders three minutes later.