The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

An interview with Billericay Town midfielder Ellie Jeffkins ++ Northern Ireland make changes ++ Wales squad for crucial double header ++ Arsenal out of Champions League ++ Erin returns for Scotland ++ All square at Winklebury ++ England back for England ++ UEFA/Disney initiative launched in Wales ++ 

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Met lift Trophy after late drama

The first major trophy of the new era in women’s football in Wales was won by Cardiff Met Women, who defeated Cardiff City Women 1-0 in a dramatic Final at Dragon Park.

City had the better of the opening exchanges with Zoe Atkins having a shot cleared off the line by Stephanie Turner while at the other end,  Shannon Evans fired over the bar.  

Play continued to flow from end to end and Met went closest yet to breaking the deadlock when a shot by Jessie Taylor struck the woodwork. Back came City and Phoebie Poole was played through on goal but she was denied by a fine save from Annabel Sweeney.

Both sides continued to look dangerous when going forward after the break but neither side were able to make a breakthrough. Atkins and Poole both shot over the bar during a good spell for City while at the other end, it took a great save from Ceryn Chamblerlain to keep out an effort from Erin Murray following good work by Laura May Walkley.

With four minutes remaining, Met took the lead when a far post cross was converted by Emily Allen. City pressed hard for an equaliser and an opportunity came when Amy Williams made a weaving run into the area and was brought down for a penalty. Poole stepped up to take the kick but Sweeney produced a superb save to keep her shot out and secure victory for her side.

Cardiff Met Women: Annabel Sweeney, Jessie Taylor, Lucy Finch, Tija Richardson, Stephanie Turner, Sophie Hancocks, Emily Allen, Laura May Walkley, Shannon Evans (sub Erin Murray 53mins), Lauren Hutton-Townsend, Elianna Chavez. Subs not used: Jessica Rees, Emily Richards, Ellie Preece, Grace Corne.

Cardiff City Women: Ceryn Chamberlain, Hollie Smith, Hannah Daley, Siobhan Walsh, Ffion Price, Seren Watkins, Danielle Broadhurst, Zoe Atkins (sub Danielle Green 77mins), Lily Billingham (sub Eliza Collie 87mins), Amy Williams, Phoebie Poole. Subs not used: Amelia Forkings, Emily Bayliss, Megan Saunders.

One match was played in the league on Sunday, the final match of the campaign in Genero Adran South.

Briton Ferry Llansawel have had a good season overall, finishing in second place, and they wrapped up the campaign by scoring eleven times without reply against Talycopa LAFC. Alice Broadley and Megan Kearle netted a hat-trick apiece for Ferry, whilst Anya Welch, Lowri Baker and Georgia Howells also got on the scoresheet as did 16-year-olds Ella Smitham and Manon Thomas. Ferry therefore finish two points behind title winners Abergavenny Women, having not dropped a point at home and only conceded six times all season.