The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

An interview with Derby County midfielder Emily Joyce ++ Moneys aim to cash in on success ++ Olveston United and SGS agree partnership ++ Leah Williamson appointed England captain ++ Biffa Scottish Women's Cup semi final draw ++ Tanners set high target ++ New league format confirmed in Scotland ++ 

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Back to home page

Swansea made to wait for title

Swansea City will have to wait a little longer to get their hands on the Genero Adran League trophy after being frustrated on Sunday.

A victory against Aberystwyth Town would have been enough to see the Swans over the line but Aberystwyth produced one of their best performances of the season to hold them to a 1-1 draw.

The first half was goalless but after the hour mark, it was Aberystwyth who took the lead through 16-year-old Gwenllian Jones who showed great composure to lob home when through on goal. The lead lasted ten minutes as Karmyn Carter equalised for Swansea with a firm downward header from a Stacey John-Davis cross but they could not but they could not find a winner and therefore edged five points ahead at the top.

Swansea do not have a game this week but would be crowned Champions if second placed Cardiff Met Women fail to beat Cardiff City Women in their meeting at the Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday evening. A Met victory would then set up a title decider between themselves and Swansea on the last day of the season.

The destination of the Plate still remains in the balance as well, after Pontypridd Town were beaten 3-1 by The New Saints. Emily Ridge gave TNS a first half lead and they went on to secure themselves three valuable points when a Georgia Griffithgs penalty and Caitlin Chapman further extended their advantage after the break, before Ellie Gunney netted a late consolation for Pontypridd.

Pontypridd still remain in the driving seat but they can be overhauled by Port Talbot Town, who took a huge stride towards safety by winning 4-0 away to Barry Town Utd. Jess Hammett gave Port Talbot the lead midway through the first half and after the break, Cerys Bevan made it two before Courteney Thomas and Terri Beddows crowned the win for their side with further goals late on.