The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

EE pledges investment in women's football with Irish FA ++ Northern Ireland Under-19s win promotion ++ Hat Trick of mascots for Euro 2022 ++ Title joy for Wolves ++ Resilient Scotland push Spain hard ++ England prove too strong for Northern Ireland ++ Perfect day for Tash as Wales win ++ Ashford hit ten as they lift title ++

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Chelsea and Man City reach Final

Chelsea and Manchester City will meet in the Vitality Women's FA Cup Final for the first time after both teams produced away victories in their respective semi finals over the weekend.

The first semi final was played on Saturday with West Ham Utd playing host to Manchester City at Dagenham. City were quickly out of the blocks with Ellen White firing over the bar but at the other end, Ellie Roebuck made a fine save at full stretch to prevent Dagny Brynjarsdottir from putting the Hammers in front.

Midway through the first half though, it was the visitors who took the lead. Keira Walsh drilled a shot against the bar and White was on hand to tuck home the rebound.

White then headed in from a Lucy Bronze cross but the ball was adjudged to have gone out of play, but the second came shortly afterwards as Chloe Kelly intercepted a pass from Gilly Flaherty and planted her shot in the corner of the net. It was a sweet moment for the striker who has missed practically all of the season through injury.

West Ham gave themselves hope just before half time when Lisa Evans raced through and rounded Roebuck to reduced the arrears to a single goal going into the interval.

White had another header disallowed early in the second half, this time for offside, and the Hammers pressed hard for an equaliser with Tameka Yallop driving a shot just wide. However, they were left with a mountain to climb when Lauren Hemp won possession just outside the area and cut in below firing a shot past Mackenzie Arnold.

Hemp went on to put the seal on a 4-1 victory late on when she scored her second on the day.

Arsenal were at home to holders Chelsea in the other semi final on Sunday and the Gunners started the game well, but without really threatening the Chelsea goal in the early stages.

Vivianne Miedema shot over from distance whilst Stina Blackstenius and Beth Mead both looked lively but Chelsea defended stoutly to keep clear chances to a premium. At the other end, Manuela Zinsberger saved from Niamh Charles, but the scoreline was goalless at the interval.

Mead was narrowly off target with a shot on the turn following a cross from Steph Catley, but two minutes later, Chelsea went in front when Guro Reiten found the top corner with a fierce strike from the edge of the area.

Chelsea went in search of a quick second and it took a series of saves from Zinsberger to keep them at bay until the hour mark, when Ji So-Yun kept her composure to crash an unstoppable shot home from fifteen yards.

The game was now firmly in Chelsea’s hands and they controlled matters from that point, with Zinsberger once more making saves to keep her side in the match. Arsenal tried to rally with Mead going close in injury time, but Chelsea are now one step away from keeping their hands on the trophy they won last season.

The Final will be played on Sunday 15th May at Wembley Stadium and will mark the first time that the Emirates FA Cup and Vitality Women’s FA Cup Finals will be played on the same weekend.

Tickets are on sale for the match, priced at £20-25 for adults, £10 concessions and £2.50  for kids (group pricing and student tickets also available. Tickets can be purchased online via the Football Association and Wembley Stadium websites.