The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

An interview with Ellie Bishop (Norwich City) ++ Squad effort takes Pucklechurch home ++ Needham Market's memorable season ++ Tynecastle to host Scottish Cup Final ++ Southampton and Cheltenham land titles ++ Kirsty to referee FA Cup Final ++ Fleet edge out Bursledon ++ Champions Glentoran make winning start ++

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Back to home page

Five star Rangers stay clear

Rangers remain firmly on course for the Park’s Motor Group SWPL league title and moved closer to their target with a 5-0 victory against Hibernian.

The first half was goalless but four minutes after the restart, Kirsty Howat opened the scoring for Rangers, and she netted a second shortly afterwards. Chantelle Swaby made it three on the hour and they rounded off the win with two late goals from Megan Bell.

Glasgow City kept up the chase in second, thanks to a 4-0 win away to Spartans. In a strong first half display, Ole Fulutudilu fired City in front and Lauren Davidson quickly added a second, before an own goal from Robyn McCafferty made it three before the interval. Davidson rounded off the scoring after the break when she completed her brace.

Celtic are destined to finish in third place following their 2-0 win at Partick Thistle. Charlie Wellings continued her fantastic season in front of goal by scoring a goal in each half.

Hearts produced one of their best performances of the season with a 1-0 success away to Aberdeen. Aimee Anderson settled the match with its only goal ten minutes before half time, when she finished off a good team move.

Four of the five matches in the top flight on the weekend produced away victories, started off by Hamilton Academical who were 1-0 winners over Motherwell at Fir Park on Saturday. Chloe Muir headed in a cross from Josephine Giard to end the Accies’ unwanted run of 20 league matches without a win.

Boroughmuir Thistle hold on to second place in SWPL 2, opening thanks to a 5-1 victory over Kilmarnock. Anna Murray gave Thistle a ninth minute lead which was quickly cancelled out by Abby Robinson, but Samantha Duncan ensured that Boroughmuir were back in front by half time. After the break, Beth MacLeod and Fiona Gibson added further goals before Duncan completed her double to round off the scoring.

As a result, St Johnstone lifted themselves above Kilmarnock and into fourth place after they defeated Stirling University 2-0. Morgan Steedman gave them the lead from the penalty spot with sixteen minutes remaining and she went on to make the points safe by scoring a second goal.