The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

An interview with Ellie Bishop (Norwich City) ++ Squad effort takes Pucklechurch home ++ Needham Market's memorable season ++ Tynecastle to host Scottish Cup Final ++ Southampton and Cheltenham land titles ++ Kirsty to referee FA Cup Final ++ Fleet edge out Bursledon ++ Champions Glentoran make winning start ++

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Back to home page

Coventry maintain survival hopes

It was a special day for Liverpool as they were presented with the FA Women’s Championship trophy following a 6-1 victory against Sheffield Utd.

The Blades had gone into the game in decent form but found the newly crowned Champions in ruthless mood, Katie Stengel giving them a third minute lead and Leanne Kiernan quickly adding a second. After the break, Melissa Lawley made it three and Stengel completed her double and after Ellie Wilson pulled a goal back for United, Missy Bo Kearns and Jaz Matthews added further goals in the last seven minutes.

London City Lionesses took the advantage in the chase for the runners-up spot with an impressive 3-1 win at Bristol City. Atlanta Primus and an Amy Rodgers penalty put the Lionesses two up inside the opening sixteen minutes and after the prolific Abi Harrison reduced the arrears for City, Karin Muya restored the two-goal lead which they held during the second half. London City Lionesses will seal a second place finish if they win their final match of the season.

Crystal Palace still have a chance of finishing second, which they kept alive by beating Watford 2-1. Palace have had a fine season with Molly Sharpe having been one of their key performers and she scored two first half goals to give her side another victory, despite Gemma Davison pulling a goal back for Watford late on.

Durham Women took the honours in the North East derby match with a 3-0 victory against Sunderland, to move themselves back up to fifth. Mollie Lambert gave the Wildcats a third minute lead against her former club and Durham were to seal the points with two goals in a three minute spell, early in the second half. Dee Bradley doubled their lead and Beth Hepple took her league tally for the season into double figures once again.

Charlton Athletic returned to winning ways with a 3-0 success away to Blackburn Rovers. All of the Addicks’ goals came in the first half, Mia Ross putting them in front and Emma Follis adding a second, before Lois Heuchan rounded off the scoring on the stroke of half time.

The ‘great escape’ is still on for Coventry Utd following a crucial 1-0 victory over Lewes. Coventry captain Katie Wilkinson has led the way for her team in their survival fight and her penalty, with nineteen minutes remaining, gave her side three precious points. Coventry will therefore play Watford this Sunday in a relegation decider on the final day of the season.