The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

An interview with Ellie Bishop (Norwich City) ++ Squad effort takes Pucklechurch home ++ Needham Market's memorable season ++ Tynecastle to host Scottish Cup Final ++ Southampton and Cheltenham land titles ++ Kirsty to referee FA Cup Final ++ Fleet edge out Bursledon ++ Champions Glentoran make winning start ++

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Chelsea keep up the pace

Chelsea kept themselves in control of the Barclays FA WSL title race by winning 3-1 away to Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.

However, the scoreline did not tell the whole story as they fell behind early on to a Sophie Ingle own goal and after a cross-cum-shot by Guro Reiten had brought Chelsea level, they were reduced to ten players when goalkeeper Ann-Katrin Berger was red carded for bringing Rachel Williams down when through on goal. Despite this, Chelsea were able to go back in front through a Sam Kerr header and a powerful strike from Jessie Fleming sealed the points in injury time.

Arsenal ensured they stayed a point behind in second place, thanks to a 3-0 victory at Everton. Caitlin Foord opened the scoring for the Gunners two minutes before half time and after the break, Beth Mead doubled their advantage and Jordan Nobbs rounded off the scoring with fifteen minutes remaining.

Manchester Utd keep hold of third place but had a frustrating afternoon as they were held to a goalless draw by Aston Villa. Sian Rogers had a fine game in goal for Villa to help her side earn a share of the spoils, making saves from Leah Galton and Martha Thomas during the first half and another good stop to deny Ella Toone after the break.

Manchester City meanwhile stepped up their challenge for a Champions League place by running out 4-0 winners over Leicester City. Caroline Weir opened the scoring for Gareth Taylor’s side just after the quarter hour and after Lauren Hemp had doubled their lead, Julie Blakstad produced a powerful strike for the third on the stroke of half time, her first for the club. The final goal came shortly after the hour mark, Alex Greenwood slotting home from the penalty spot after Hemp had been brought down in the area.

West Ham Utd moved back into the top half of the table, thanks to a 2-1 success away to Reading FC Women. The first half was goalless but within a minute of the restart, the Hammers were ahead thanks to Emma Snerle’s first goal for the club. Yui Hasegawa produced a fine finish late on for the second, before Faye Bryson grabbed an injury time consolation for the Royals.  

Birmingham City gave their survival hopes a shot in the arm when they won 3-1 at Brighton & Hove Albion. Veatriki Sarri gave Birmingham a ninth minute lead which was doubled after the break by Louise Quinn and although Julia Zigiotti Olme pulled one back for the Seagulls, Quinn wrapped up the win for the Blues with her second.

* On Thursday evening, Chelsea opened up a lead of four points when beating Tottenham Hotspur 2-1. Beth England and Sam Kerr scored their goals, with Kerys Harrop replying.