The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

An interview with Charlotte Greengrass (Nottingham Forest) ++ Fourth time lucky for Pagham ++ Cliftonville and Glentoran set early pace ++ England to play Switzerland ++ Southampton and Forest lift FAWNL Cups ++ Portchester take the honours ++ Basingstoke's shootout joy ++ Bluebirds lift FAW Women's Cup ++

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Coventry complete great escape

The main focus in the FA Women’s Championship on Sunday was on the relegation decider as Watford played host to Coventry Utd.

The visitors needed to win in order to complete a remarkable escape from trouble and they did so in dramatic fashion, with Mollie Green firing in a 30-yard free kick to break Watford hearts and confirm that Coventry would be staying up, despite a ten point deduction during the course of the season.

The other issue needing to be settled was the runners-up spot, which was taken by London City Lionesses with a 3-1 victory over Blackburn Rovers. A victory was required to ensure they could not be caught and they took a two-goal lead thanks to a double from Jamie Lee Napier. Saffron Jordan pulled a goal back for Blackburn but Amy Rodgers scored with six minutes remaining to put the seal on an excellent season for her club.

Bristol City have to settled for third place after finishing with a 2-2 draw at Sunderland. Keira Ramshaw gave the home side a first half lead and after City hit back in the sec0nd half with goals from Melissa Johnson and Ffion Morgan, Sunderland responded with a Jessica Brown header to earn themselves a point.

This meant that Crystal Palace would have taken a top three position with a win at Sheffield Utd but they also drew 2-2. The Blades twice took the lead thanks to Rhema Lord-Mears and Courtney Sweetman-Kirk, with Palace hitting back on each occasion with equalisers from Charley Clifford and Sophie McLean.

Lewes played host to newly crowned Champions Liverpool at the Dripping Pan and were to finish up with an excellent 2-1 victory. Ashley Hodson did put the Reds in front just after the half hour but Georgia Timms levelled on the stroke of half time and Tatiana Saunders netted the winner for the Rookettes, midway through the second half.

Charlton Athletic finish above Durham Women on goal difference after they also came from behind to win their meeting 2-1. The first half was goalless but the Wildcats were in front thanks to Lauren Briggs, ten minutes after the restart. Emma Follis levelled things up again at the midway point and Katie Robinson scored the winning goal for the Addicks, twelve minutes from time.